We can all respect traditions. But sometimes, a bride and groom have a unique taste for their wedding day. And surprise elements throughout your wedding keep guests engaged, entertained and pleasantly surprised. If you want something different to make your wedding day more memorable, try one of these ideas that fit your personality and uniqueness best:
- Replace the “cutting of the cake” with the cracking of the crème brulèe, the dunking of the cookie or the slurping of the milkshake.
- Have an ice cream sundae or frozen yogurt bar with cups full of fun toppings.
- Use food choices that are local, like donut cakes, rustic BBQs, or your grandma’s world-famous sugar cookies and caramels to add a personal touch.
- Print mini magazines/photo books as favors for guests. It’s a unique favor idea and could replace the slide show.
- How about a square-shaped invitation? (Just remember, postage costs more to mail them.)
- Photo booths, dramatic entrances and lighting/entertainment will keep your reception exciting.
– Renee Halgerson | Copper Ink Wedding Designs