Articles & Resources« Back to Article List
Up Do's & Dont's
Here are some tips on what not to do and what to do when choosing your "Up Do."
- Don't wait until the weeks or even days before your wedding to find a stylist.
- Do try to book 3 trials with three different stylists around 3 months in advance; that is unless you're happy with the 1st one you go to. Don't feel obligated to go to anyone else... just call and cancel the remaining appointments. Really there's no explanation needed.
- Don't get a long veil. This sometimes limits your hair options. Choose your veil after you have chosen your hair style. Chances are you are going to remove your veil shortly after the ceremony any ways, and you want your hair to be stunning!
- Do get some flowers or some rhinestones to enhance your wedding locks. This trend has become popular in recent years. Your florist will be happy to provide flowers or greens for your do.
- Don't over do the flowers or greens in your hair. Remember simple is best. You do not want to end of looking like a forest beast!
- Don't get the traditional Tierra or wear tight curls... can we say 80's ladies!
- Do get a Tierra and wear your hair straight or slightly wavy, or leave soft chunky pieces out.
- Don't use fake flowers in your hair...can we say cheap looking. Why not pay the same price for fresh flowers and turn a trashy look into classy?
- Don't wear your hair up all night. Many stylist can put the back up with pins that can be removed later in the evening for a second look. This is a great way to create a fun evening look!