Articles & Resources« Back to Article List
When to Order and When to Send your Invitations
When to Order:
- After you have decided on the guest list
- When you have finalized time/place for the ceremony
- When you have finalized time/place for the reception
This requires 3 to 4 months in advance of the event to order your invitations.
When to Send:
- 6-8 weeks prior to your wedding.
- Out of town guests need at least 8 weeks to make travel arrangements.
Save-the-Date cards are a good idea for out-of-towners with hotel, flight, and car rental information.
It is also important to make time for:
- Calligrapher to address your invitations
- You to personally address your invitations
• Possible errors or changes needed