Articles & Resources« Back to Article List
Destination Weddings... Advice At A Glance!
Destination weddings are not only beautiful and romantic, they are...
Easy. Most resorts have a full time wedding coordinator to help organize your event.
Memorable. Exotic destinations will create memories to last a lifetime.
Money Savers. Less expensive than traditional weddings, destination weddings include your honeymoon. Many resorts offer complimentary or affordable wedding packages.
To plan a destination wedding, ask yourself these questions:
• What kinds of things do my fiancé and I like to do?
• How far are we willing to travel and for how long?
• What is our budget for ourselves and our guests?
• Will we need to apply for a passport?
• What are the marriage requirements at the locale we are planning to marry at?
Top Destination Wedding/Honeymoon Spots:
• St. Thomas
• Las Vegas
• St. Lucia
• Cruise Ship
Things to consider:
• Plan ahead!
• Build your guests' costs into your budget
• Send out save the date cards
• Bring copies of all marriage paperwork to your destination
Select your resort by asking:
• What kind of wedding do we want? Traditional? Beach? Elegant? Casual?
• Do we want an all-inclusive resort?
• Who does the guest list include? Adults only? Select family and friends?
- All About Travel, Sioux Falls, SD
This article was also featured in the 2009 VOW Wedding Planner. To view a PDF of this article, go to the HONEYMOON & TRAVEL section of VOW.