Articles & Resources« Back to Article List
Cookware and Linens
What to know when registering for wedding gifts:
• Consider each stores return/exchange policy. (You will want options!)
• Where do you normally shop? (This is most likely where you would buy items for your home)
• Register for at least 3 sets each of towels, bedding, and table linens. This way you can have one in use, one in the wash, and one clean at all times.
• Its ok to mix and match tableware. This will give your home a more personal touch (and more options).
• Register for a multi-piece starter set of cookware. Add specialty cookware items to your list as needed.
• Registering for pots and pans with nonstick linings will be great for clean-up purposes!
• Porcelain and bone china are the most durable kind of dinnerware and can be used most everywhere (microwave, dishwasher, oven).
• Wood storage blocks are the safest way to store your high-quality cooking knives; plus this will keep them sharp.
Utilize your brides page on GonnaGetWed.com to specify to you guests if the store that you registered at requires a gift receipt for returns and exchanges. This way your guests will be sure to attach the receipt for you. Otherwise, you may be stuck with duplicate items that you can't return. You might also consider choosing the places for your registries based on their return policies.
This article was also featured in the 2009 VOW Wedding Planner. To view a PDF of this article, go to the PARTIES, GIFTS & MORE section of VOW.