If you are planning a wedding and have been looking at wedding gowns, you probably already know one of the most popular trends is the convertible wedding gown. The convertible wedding gown is a traditional full ball gown with a cleverly placed detachable skirt transforming your full gown into a fun, party dress.
It’s basically two dresses for the price of one without the actual hassle of changing from one dress to another. Michele Fenno from The French Door in Sioux Falls says “Our brides love the convertible gowns because of the unique style and look that sets them apart. For those brides who are price conscious, this gown is what they are looking for because of the comfortable fit and the minimal alterations needed. We anticipate these gowns gaining popularity in the upcoming year.”
“Convertible gowns can be sassy and fun!” Taren Korkow from the Bridal Gallery in Sioux Falls explains. “It’s a look that will wow your wedding guests by showing up at the your reception with sexy side of your shorter wedding gown.”
Taren also said she had one bride request this particular gown because she was a runner and said she really liked her calves and wanted to show off her legs and unique peacock feather shoes at her wedding.
The benefits of a convertible wedding gown:
- Saves on alterations and eliminates the hassles of bustling your gown.
- This two-dress look can show off your curves even before making it short and then detach the skirt and show off those legs!
- Great for dancing the night away at your reception.
- Fun for photos!
- Bonus! Most convertible gown have pockets! Perfect for your lip gloss, tissues or a mirror!
- What a great way to show off those sassy shoes you want to wear at your wedding!
- Yes, you really can wear your wedding dress again! Take your shorter version of your convertible gown with you on your honeymoon for that romantic dinner with your husband!
Just a reminder in looking for convertible gowns, find a style that flattering to your body type and shape. There are many styles to this type of gown, so don’t just settle on a gown because it’s a convertible.
Find your convertible wedding gown at Bridal Gallery or The French Door in Sioux Falls, South Dakota or visit www.GonnaGetWed.com for more South Dakota and Iowa bridal fashion boutiques and stores.